In Kindergarten through 5th Grade, District 75 uses Bridges in Mathematics, 2nd Edition, as the core curricular resource. Bridges aligns to the Common Core mathematics, as well as the NCTM's best practices of instruction. Underpinning the entire K-8 Program is a concentration on the development of eight mathematical practices. These practices include:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.